When traveling to the Islands of Hawaii, it is important that you have a plan. You don’t want to get lost and miss out on all the amazing sites this region has to offer. In order to avoid any mishaps, it’s best that you follow these five tips:
1) Always bring your smart phone with GPS enabled when exploring Hawai’i – This will allow you quick access if need be in case you need directions or find yourself in an unfamiliar area
2) Investigate bus routes before leaving – If at all possible, try and explore without having to rent a car so as not spend extra money
3) Use Google Maps Offline when possible – This allows for easy navigation when getting around without signal
4) Research hikes and attractions before departing – Make sure to know what you’re getting into and pack accordingly
5) Don’t be afraid to ask for help – It is always better to ask for directions than end up lost
Also, be prepared for the weather as it can change rapidly in Hawai’i. It’s always a good idea to have sunscreen, water and a hat with you when exploring. Always check with locals about the best times to visit different areas of the islands – they will be more than happy to help out!
Planning is the key when traveling to any destination, but doubly so when visiting Hawai’i. By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to make the most of your trip and have an incredible experience! Mahalo.
Carly Regnier is a freelance photographer and blogger. She loves to travel and is a foodie and with her job, she had done it a lot.